We are a Top Employer in the National Capital Region for three years running
For the third year in a row, the Ottawa Catholic School Board has been named one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers (2015-2017). We are proud to be honoured with this recognition. Receiving this award again the year has validated the fact that we are renowned for our dedication to our staff and their satisfaction in the workplace.
To celebrate this accomplishment, we called on members of our community to help us recognize inspiring employees who make the OCSB a great place to work and learn.
Our employees know we care
Some of the reasons why the OCSB was selected as a Top Employer 2017:
- we support employees who are new mothers, fathers, or adoptive parents with maternity and paternity leave top-up payments
- we encourage employees to balance work and their personal lives with a variety of alternative work arrangements, including flexible hours, shortened work weeks, and reduced summer hours
- our new employees also receive paid time off during the winter holiday season and can schedule additional time away through a formal earned days off program
- we help employees prepare for the future with retirement planning assistance and contributions to a defined benefit pension plan
- we are currently focusing on employee well-being, surveying workers to learn more about key factors that contribute to workplace wellness