Policies and procedures
The Ottawa Catholic School Board’s policies and procedures serve to ensure the health, safety and security of all students and staff. They outline the Board’s operation as an academic institution and employer. Our policies provide a structure to govern student and employee behaviour, Board affairs and governance, and procedures for resolving concerns or complaints. All policies are approved by the Board in public meeting sessions and are updated on a regular basis.
Do you need information in an alternate format?
Call us at 613-224-4455 Ext 2306 if you are having trouble viewing information on our website or in our policies and procedures. We will be happy to speak with you and help you get the information you need. Email us at Accessibility@ocsb.ca if you need information presented to you in an alternate format. Tell us your name, what information you are looking for, and how to get it to you.
Quick reference policies
We’ve listed some of the most commonly referenced policies and procedures here for your convenience.
- Accessibility Policy
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
- Code of Conduct for Trustees
- Field Trips and Excursions
- Freedom of Information
- Home Schooling
- Pediculosis (Head Lice)
- Protection of Privacy
- Privacy Support Document
- Self-Identification for Aboriginal Students
- Attendance at Religious Services
- Catholic Curriculum
- Computer and Internet Use
- Electronic Social Media
- Environmental Education
- Religious Education
- School Year Calendar
- Student Exchange
Safe, Inclusive and Accepting Schools
Our Safe, Inclusive and Accepting Schools policies form a comprehensive approach to positive school climate and appropriate behaviour. They include prevention and intervention strategies, and appropriate supports and consequences. We also focus on mental health, good digital citizenship, and keeping our parents informed.
- Appeal of Student Expulsion
- Appeal of Student Suspensions
- Assault and Fighting
- Bomb Threats and Suspicious Packages
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention Plan
- Bullying, Intimidation, Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Threats
- General Policy
- Incidents Involving Fire
- Incidents Involving Students Toward Staff
- Lockdown Protocol
- Progressive Discipline
- Re-Entry for Expelled Students
- Respect for the Learning Environment
- Secure Schools Protocol
- Student Behaviour: Co-Curricular Events
- Student Dress Code / Formal Dress Code / Uniform
- Student Expulsions
- Student Suspensions
- Substance Abuse
- Trespassing/Access to School Property
If you are not able to find what you are looking for within the policies listed above, visit our safe schools webpage for more comprehensive information.