The Ottawa Catholic School Board is constantly changing and growing, opening up new employment opportunities for eager applicants. We have ongoing requirements for a variety of employment groups, including administrative, technical, skilled trades, and student service roles. Irrespective of your occupation with the OCSB, remember that you are still part of an important team of employees who are inspiring the lives of our students. The positions listed below have current openings, and we are accepting applications. Browse our opportunities, find one that’s right for you, and join our dynamic and diverse community of employees. We thank you in advance for your interest in the OCSB and wish you success in your job search.
Current job competitions
Submit a resume and cover letter in MS Word or Adobe (pdf) format by email, fax, or regular mail to the contact person listed in the job posting. Ensure that the competition number (e.g. COMP CE:001-12) is clearly marked in your email subject line (if applicable), your cover letter, and on the envelope. If you are applying for more than one competition at the same time, a separate resume (unless otherwise stated in the competition) must be submitted for each competition, and numbered accordingly. Please note that there is a closing date and applications must be received no later than 5:00 pm on that date.
Before you apply
Anyone may apply for these current job opportunities, although preference will be given to internal, permanent employees. In accordance with Board policy, a negative tuberculin test (obtained within the last 12 months) and an acceptable Police Record Check (for the vulnerable sector) is a condition of any employment and will be required following a successful interview. The opportunities listed on this page do not require that applicants be a practicing Catholic. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ongoing job opportunities — applications welcome
The OCSB invites applications from candidates interested in being considered for ongoing job opportunities, which may become available at any time during the year. Submit a resume and cover letter in MS Word or Adobe (pdf) format by email, fax, or regular mail to the contact person listed in the job posting. Ensure that the position title you are applying for (e.g. Caretaker, Early Childhood Educator) is clearly marked on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications/resumes will be retained on file for 6 months. Click on the job title to view a full job description, qualifications, and more information on how to apply.
Administrative and support staff
Supply Bus Attendant
Casual Learning Technology Help
Supply Library Technician
Ottawa Child Care Corporation (OCCC) and OCSB Early Learning
Supply Educational Assistant (EA)
Parenting and Family Literacy Centre Supply Staff
Supply Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
General Interest Program Instructor
Supply International Languages Program (Elementary) Instructor
Supply Literacy and Basic Skills Instructor
- University degree and additional training/experience in teaching adultsAdult Literacy and Basic Skills Certification OR
- Registration with the Ontario College of Teachers and holding a Certificate of Qualification or an Interim Certificate of Qualification, plus appropriate additional qualification course (i.e. Special Education Part I, Reading Part I, Adult Education, etc)
- Appropriate Master’s degree with specialization in adult literacy and/or numeracy
- Equivalent qualifications to the above as determined at the discretion of the program management
Location: St. Nicholas Adult High School, 893 Admiral Avenue, Ottawa Rate of Pay: The salary is $28.48 per hour plus vacation pay Contact: Heather Loates Email: Heather.Loates@ocsb.ca Phone: 613-224-4455 Ext 2420
Supply English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor
- Certification in teaching English as a Second Language (TESL Ontario Certification)
- Proficiency of the English language and an undergraduate degree or demonstrated acceptable equivalency in education or experience, as determined by the Board
- Experience in working with adults learning a second language
- The ability to work co-operatively as a team member in a multicultural environment
Rate of Pay: $28.48 per hour plus vacation pay Contact: Heather Loates Email: Heather.Loates@ocsb.ca Phone: 613-224-4455 Ext 2420