International students and temporary residents
Submit your application form and feesInternational students wishing to study in Ottawa should first complete the application form. You can complete the form and email it to Admissions@ocsb.ca, or visit our Admissions office at 570 West Hunt Club Road in Nepean if you need help completing the form. Our friendly staff can make sure your form is filled out correctly to avoid delays in processing your application. Applicants must also submit a $300 non-refundable application fee before they can be considered for admission.
Provide payment of tuition fees
International students pay annual tuition fees in order to attend one of our quality OCSB schools. These fees cover the costs of important programs, such as English as a second language (ESL) instruction, if needed. The fees also help pay for essential transportation services, given that the student's residential address meets eligibility requirements. Transportation will be also provided to our high school ESL Centres, even if they are outside the student's attendance boundary.
- a student whose parent is in Canada on a Citizenship and Immigration Canada work permit
- immediate children of Diplomats (nieces and nephews must pay fees)
- refugees or permanent residents of Canada
- a person awaiting determination of their permanent residence application who has obtained a "Stage 1 Approval Letter" from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- a person whose parent is in Canada taking certain university or college programs
Once you have completed the application form and paid the necessary fees, we will issue a letter of acceptance. International students need this letter in order to obtain a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. A study permit is required for all fee-paying international students, unless they are in Canada for less than six months.
Get your letter of acceptance for a study permit
Visit the Family Welcome Centre for Newcomers
Accepted international students will be directed to our Family Welcome Centre for an assessment to ensure they receive program options appropriate to their needs.